Wednesday, March 16, 2011

If The Shoe Fits















A friend/client was over tonight to discuss a refinishing job that I'm doing for her.  After picking a pretty green color she said "that's why I need someone creative like you.  Even when I buy shoes I buy the same style, one in black and one in brown."  I never thought about it, but I have the exact opposite problem.  Every pair of shoes I buy are strappy heels, metallic platforms and satin espadrilles.  I never have shoes for anything sensible.  I actually had to buy a pair of comfortable walking shoes when we took the boys to Disney.  I selected turquoise and gray Sketchers over the white tennies and packed all my clothes to match the shoes.  Guess what?  My feet hurt everyday we were there.  It's kind of like how I collect furniture pieces for my own house, tons of fun and funky furniture but never the last functional piece I need to finish the room?  

I also had to laugh because although she was turning to me for inspiration for her home, I had a little writers block for today's post and she provided inspiration to me just by what she said.  Thanks Autumn.  I'd love to hear about what your shoes say about you?  Do they reflect your personality or how you decorate your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment