Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month

House Beautiful


I love pink!  I love everything about pink and every shade of pink.  I love it in my house, I love it in my closet, I love pink deserts, candy and fancy drinks.  I love to decorate with pink on Christmas, Valentine's Day and even Halloween.  I love the Spring because I can bring in my pink tulips, daffodils and any other flower I can think of.  I love pink velvet, my satin pink pants (that no longer fit but have been in my closet for 10 years) and pink ballerina slippers and tutu's.  I love pink so much that I even dress my boys in it.  Now that they're older they won't wear it so I make them on Mother's Day!  I love different shades of pink makeup and nail polish, pink tissue paper and wrapping paper.  
PINK EVERYWHERE!

The one thing I don't like that's pink is that sweet, little, pink breast cancer awareness ribbon!   I hate cancer in general and of course breast cancer.  I hate how it takes people, young and old, disrupts lives and leaves children with out their mothers.  I hate the hell that women have to endure to get better, the surgeries, chemo and possible mastectomy's.  The nausea, the terror, the uncertainty.  The fear that lives in their spouses and children and everyone that loves them.  Please friends, get your mammograms and be diligent about checkups at home.  Early detection is your best chance and the best chance to keep breast cancer from affecting your family!

On a lighter note, because I don't want my friends to log off feeling sad, isn't that picture below on the left of designer Kelly Wearstler's study amazing?

Elle Decor and House to Home UK

No comments:

Post a Comment