5 Tips for a Dramatic Entry
1. Conversation Piece - Something unusual, maybe a cool piece of furniture or art that will spark conversation.
2. Lighting - both overhead and a lamp if you have the opportunity. The chandelier should be on a dimmer for ambiance and the lamp should have a low wattage bulb
3. Seating - if you have the room, it's nice to have a place to sit for your guests to put on their shoes.
4. Accessories - something personal like a favorite book or really old photograph
5. Mirror or great piece of art - Mirrors are great to get one last look before you leave but art can add so much color and punch. It could also be your conversation piece and set the tone for what's to come in the rest of the house.