Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Diane Von Furstenberg Shows Us How It's Done!

Bloomingdale's is the first to offer fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg's new collection of bedding.  It's so vibrant and fun and such a good example of not taking your home too seriously.  It's definitely on my "sprucing up for Spring list".  The list is getting longer and longer by the second so I'm not sure this dream will be a reality.  The good news is that it's currently on sale.  If you don't want to make such a huge investment, just by one piece and mix it up with some less expensive pieces.  If you try this be fearless,  mix it up with hot colors and patterns.  Don't make the investment and sell it short by going with all white.  I went a bold in my bedroom recently with a dark blue wall and I accented in white and purple in a pattern that's reminiscent of the 70's.  I think a bedroom is a perfect place to have a little more fun.  Think about it, your not in your bedroom for most of the day so it's really a treat to walk in at the end of a long day to something dramatic and beautiful!








2 comments:

  1. I love the bold violets mixed with aquas & blues in the first picture. Purple is my favorite color, so I could see myself doing something similar to bring a bold statement into my bedroom for spring/summer. And it's on sale!!!!
    Cyndi from BYW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Cyndi - that one is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete