Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I wanted to share this pic with you of this little boys room.  I don't know what's cuter, the sweet boy or that little gnome!



picture courtesy of Cookie Magazine 



This was our breakfast.  My kids wouldn't touch it!



Ok, Ok I know you've all been waiting to see what my kids will be wearing for St. Patrick's Day!  I won't keep you in suspense anymore.  Thanks Dar for the tip on the Old Navy t's, I believe Crazy 8 and probably Children's Place had some cute one's too.  Of course, my life can't be that easy!  The boys have to wear collared shirts to school!  







I decided to take a little risk and try tie dying a dress shirt,  or should I say the boys tie dyed their dress shirts.  I used dress shirts that were almost too small so if I messed up it wasn't a big deal.  I bought fabric dye and followed the instructions.  I just grabbed handfuls of fabric, collars and sleeves included and wrapped them up tight in rubberbands.  The trick was I had to do it twice.  The directions said to let it sit for 6-8 hours and I thought I was good because I let it sit overnight.  The first time it came out light, mint green.  Thank goodness I started Sunday so I had time to redo them.  The second time I re-rubberbanded it and let it sit in the dye for two days.  It actually turned out better than expected because the mint green added an extra layer. 






Other St. Patrick's Day events at our house include:

1.  Green Eggs and Ham for breakie (that's what we call breakfast in our house) big flop!
2.  Gram Gram taking the boys out of school early to see Gnomeo and Juliet (hope Ms. Lee and Ms. Malkar aren't reading this.
3.  Green fettuccine (organic spinach) with green veggies (I'm sure my kids will LOVE IT ha ha).
4.  Desert that will look kind of like the picture below
5.  A drink for us after the kids go to bed.  Does green beer sound a little boring to you too?  Try a cucumber martini visit  love to know how to make a cucumber martini.

1 comment:

  1. Your boys look like they enjoyed their green shirts! Great job on the tie dye. But I think I'd have to agree with your boys on the green eggs and ham! :) That's a bit green for me!! Hope you had a great St. Pat's Day!

    ReplyDelete