Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Husbands Day Out



I know that this is a little bit unconventional for a decorating blog, but since we're all about family I thought I'd post it anyway.  (And I love the way the shave brush looks next to the crystals on my page)  Tomorrow is our anniversary!  10 years yeah!  Friends of ours take a trip every year on their anniversary but that is NOT in our budget and impossible with our schedule.  I was bummed because it's so hard to shop for Steve.  The only things that excite him (besides his family) are cars and expensive watches.  So while our friends are enjoying Nantucket, I'm taking my husband out to lunch and for a shave at The Shave Shop at Somerset Mall.  I was excited to surprise him because he is always talking about how cool it would be to be shaved by a barber with a straight razor.  That's exactly what happens here.  First you walk into the clean, classic modern style store where they have their beautiful skin care products and razor sets displayed.  Then you step in back where a man in an old fashioned bow tie and suit gives you a spa treatment style shave in his vintage barber chair!  How cool.  I ended up telling Steve about it and he talked about it all night.  He's really excited about it so I thought it would be worth the post.  

pictures courtesy of Yelp.com (West LA shop)


Here is a description of their Royal Shave

ROYAL SHAVE ~ 45 MIN

The Art of Shaving's most signature service begins with a hot towel. The face is then massaged with Pre-Shave Oil to help protect the skin and soften the beard. Next, warm Shaving Cream is applied to the face and then shave twice, once with the grain, and then re-lathered and shaved across the grain for The Perfect Shave™. After, the face is wrapped in a hot towel while the barber prepares with fresh ingredients the After-Shave Mask®. Once the mask has dried, it is removed with sponges soaked in lemon essential oil. Finally,Hydrating Toner is applied and the face is lightly massaged withAfter-Shave Balm to help moisturize.




No comments:

Post a Comment