Friday, March 18, 2011

Pikake Press








 















Pikake Press through Etsy

Once at a wedding my friends and I were talking about if we could have one talent what would it be.  Pretty much everyone said they would want to have a great singing voice, except for me.  I said I would want to be an artist.  That was a few years ago and if I had to decide today I would definitely want to be a graphic artist.  I'm continually inspired by amazing papers and cards and would love to one day be able to make something this beautiful.  The stationary, gift tags and calling cards above were created by Leslie of Pikake Press based in Honolulu.  Pikake is a type of jasmine used in making lei's and as I'm sure you guessed, Leslie is inspired by the islands of Hawaii.  Sadly, hardly anyone sends handwritten notes anymore.  It's my opinion that when we do, we should do so with something really special.

1 comment:

  1. Leslie has beautiful work! Thanks for that link. I agree that handwritten notes should be sent on something beautiful. Just think of how excited your recipient would be to receive such a lovely card! P.S. Pikake is one of my favorite flowers (and something I miss so much from my home state!).

    ReplyDelete