Thursday, December 1, 2011

Could You Live in a Cottage?


When I saw the pictures of this Vermont cottage the "For Sale" sign almost went up on my front lawn.  This is how I want to live....not just as a cottage or second home but all the time.  I often ask myself when I'm slaving over my house, how did I let us buy a house this big?  It didn't feel big at the time and it doesn't feel big when I'm trying to cram our whole family in while entertaining.  Why didn't I know how much work it would be?  How did I let us all acquire so much stuff?

The thought of starting over in a tiny cottage has me bursting with creative energy.  When you think about it, you don't need to have a lot of rooms to function, you just need to make every corner count.  I'm especially inspired the gorgeous color scheme, the mix of modern and traditional (see dining room) and by the bar incorporated into the bookcase (see below).  Such a fun idea, need to keep the liquor handy!




all pictures and article featured in House Beautiful





No comments:

Post a Comment