Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Give a Craft As a Gift

Land of Nod


I love making crafts and I love giving crafts.  Last year I gave Jake his own art set with more sophisticated pastels and charcoals.  He loves is because it's all contained in a portfolio that he can fold up and keep it in his room.  I've also been known to give little building sets with a real hammer and scrap booking and friendship making baskets for girls!  Sam loves beading.  We have a case with little compartments and the top has hinges on one side.  We can than tape the elastic that we use to bead on the inside of the lid.  If he doesn't finish we just close it up and it's all contained and ready for us to start again next time.  

I also made little travel cases for the boys with dollar store notebooks and pencils.  They're Target dollar store cases and they're great because they can manage them on their own.  They love that they each have their own and their name is on the notebook.  We use it to practice writing and spelling words when we're out and about.  I included one little dinosaur figure - I'm not sure why but if I gave them a whole tub of small figures,  they won't touch it, put in one, lonely figure and it's the most popular toy on the planet!  They'd also be great sibling gifts.  Each child can pick out and decorate the contents for their brothers or sisters. 

As far as purchasing craft sets, I think the vintage ones at Land of Nod are adorable!  I love the knitting set for girls and paper airplanes are a lost art, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment