Monday, November 28, 2011

Spa vs. Bathroom Redo

house beautiful

I was in my non-discrept, nice, but not overly beautiful bathroom the other day and was thinking about a re-do.  There is a school of thought that believes a bathroom re-do adds to your quality of life because, if you invest in shower heads, tub jets and some other luxurious options it's like getting a spa treatment every day.  There's also the other school of thought, considering a bathroom redo can be one of the most expensive improvements you can add to your home, that believe for the cost of a new bathroom you could probably visit the spa 300 times.  What are your thoughts on this?  I have a great tub with jets, have lived in my house for 6 years and I've probably taken 2 baths!   For me, I don't think it would be worth the money.  (although a steam shower would be nice)  Let's face it though, no matter how nice my bathroom looks, I'll still be tripping over Thomas the Tank and Spiderman bath toys!

If a bathroom re-do isn't in your budget, with a few small additions yours could look like the one's below.   Here are a few ideas.....

elle decor

1.  Invest in soft, thick, white towels that can be bleached
2.  If you are making minor updates or you're building from scratch, use white tile - mat or glossy.  It's classy and can adapt to many different styles.
3.  Candles 
4.  Fresh flowers
5.  Invest in a dimmer switch for the lighting
6.  Add a chair or bench, you'd be surprised how it ups the luxury level
7.  A great smelling lotion
8.  Limit your bath products and cosmetics to a few quality items
9.  Make sure everything is organized and has a place
10. A good book to read while in the bathtub (but not a whole library of reading materials)

No comments:

Post a Comment