Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Style Is My Style???

Good question!  I love vintage french.  Not necessarily country french but gilt,glitz and crystal roughed up a bit.  It's all so feminine and luxurious.  To balance that with some masculinity I like to bring in some farmhouse or industrial pieces.  I feel like it's what I want for my family - strong and steady!  My favorite piece of furniture is my wood planked farmhouse table with the scrolly metal base!  It drives Steve (my hubby) crazy to see the wood chipped and the scratches from my kids running their matchboxes over it or being a little rough with their utensils.  For me the more scratched the better.  I love the memories around the dinner table and I hope to see my grandchildren around it one day.  Last but not least, the icing on the cake and the answer as to how to bring some modern into this french farmhouse is some sassy 70's style patterns and accessories.  Think big chunky gold jewelry!

This is how I like to decorate my own house although, I love and appreciate all styles.  I'm definitely thinking of going a little more contemporary in my youngest son, A.J.'s room.

Top 3 decorating rules for your home:

1.  Must be functional and comfortable for everyone in the house (even the kiddies)
2.  Must be, not necessarily spotless, but organized chaos
3.  Must reflect your personal style - NOT someone else's

These are some of the things I hope to teach you with this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment