Sunday, November 27, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop...


After a long morning of Black Friday shopping my husband and brother took my boys to play hockey.  I put the baby down, ahhhh peace and quiet!  The phone rings and it's my husband calling me on the way to the emergency room.  Yes, my husband broke his right hand the day after Thanksgiving.  Not only is he in pain, with a cast but there is ligament and joint damage and surgery in his future.   

I'm embarrassed to say the first thing I did was go over the laundry list of things that need to be done around here.....Christmas lights up, tree chopped down, garage cleaned out for the Winter etc., etc.  This was going to be a lot more work for me.  Not only can he not help with the kids at all but he can't do basic things for himself.  When he came home from the hospital, my oldest son was really upset about the cast.  I was trying to cheer him up telling him that this was no big deal, Dad's going to be fine.  A broken bone was nothing compared to being sick or hurt on the inside.  That's when I realized my husband has a broken hand, he does not have cancer, he was not in a horrible accident, this is an inconvenience but overall not a big problem.  

So, I'm only human and I basically have acquired another child over the weekend (and this one is short on patience and mouthy) so please bear with me over the next couple weeks.  Posts may not come every day but they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment