Friday, November 18, 2011

Actress Keri Russell's NY Home



pictures courtesy of Elle Decor photographer William Waldron


I'm really going to do it.  I'm really going to paint my house white!  I know it sounds crazy to paint your house white with three boys.   Most people move in to a house and the first thing they do is paint the white walls a soft, warm color and I'm working in reverse.  However, I feel like this new change will lighten and brighten up my house, like a bath for my walls!   This change will take place sometime in January.  I'm using the painting as an excuse to do some electrical work and replace my foyer closet doors too!  No sense painting until you're done making holes in the walls!

The pictures above are actress Kerri Russell's NY home that she shares with her contractor husband and young son.  Her husband did most of the work himself!  I wonder if they fought over design decisions?  Do you and your spouse fight over design decisions?  I have to say I was worried about how Steve and I were going to mesh over decorating.  He had such strong opinions about things I assumed he wouldn't care about (our wedding, naming our kids) but he's pretty laid back when it comes to our house and he usually let's me run with it.  I'm also lucky because he cares about having a nice house and is usually up for a "do it yourself" project.  One of my favorite things to do is blend "his and her" styles.  Hmmmm....that's a good idea for a post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment