Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sweet Dreams


My sweet, sweet hubby knew I was fried... I mean nervous breakdown fried.  I've been trying to give my all to the blog, taking a blogging class to improve and learn more about blogging, refinishing furniture, trying to keep up with my 1 year old, planning Sam's birthday party (upcoming post), and surprise,  the boys had a half day on Thursday and NO SCHOOL on Friday for parent teacher conferences... What, how did I miss that!!!  Not only will they be home during this chaos but now I have to fit in parent teacher conferences without losing my mind.  Than on Thursday the sweetest surprise of all, my darling little nephew was born a few weeks early (upcoming post) .  There's nothing like the birth of a baby to remind you what's important in life.  This meant on top of being completely beyond excited for our family, a trip to the hospital and my two nephews spending the night while their parents were in the hospital!  

To help cure my edgy attitude Steve suggested I tag along on a business trip to NY with him on Saturday and Sunday.  At first I gave the standard answer to the usual question, "I'm not leaving the kids.."  Then I thought about it.  I haven't been the most present, patient mom over the past few weeks, maybe a trip for only a day and a half would be good for all of us.  I know you're all thinking trip to NY fun, fun, fun!  Let me start off by saying we're not in the city and not planning on having time to go into the city.  My great friend Amy lives close and is expecting a baby in the next two weeks.  When I called to let her know I'd be in town she said she was planning on going to Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby today to finish getting everything from her registry.... that was the first Fun.  The second Fun was the teeny tiny toy airplane that we flew here in.  I've been in bed all afternoon trying to get over my motion sickness.  The third fun is this hotel.  Yuck!  Last time I traveled with Steve we splurged by staying at the Ritz (a very special treat for us).  I know I sound like a brat but this place in NOT for me.  So I'm laying in bed dreaming of the beautiful bedrooms above courtesy of House Beautiful!  I hope you enjoy.  

As for me the trip was worth it.  I miss the boys terribly and can't wait to be home with them, re-energized.  I could have fun with Steve anywhere so I would never hold this against him.  In fact it makes me realize again how draining it can be to travel and how hard he works for us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment