Wednesday, June 29, 2011



craft by Country Living and desert by Better Homes and Gardens

It doesn't really feel like summer until the 4th of July!  I always do a really simple BBQ that I know will be good and I can do in my sleep, then I pick one or two festive things to add to the party.  I try to do a desert or drink and some type of decoration.  These are the ones I've picked for this year.  Last year I made firework t-shirts for the boys.  I've always enjoyed the 4th, but it's been even more magical since we moved into this house.  We have neighbors who put on a professional firework show and we're lucky enough to sit in our backyard and enjoy!  

My son Sam asked who's birthday do we celebrate on the 4th - I told him it's our country's birthday.  He had a tough time wrapping his head around that so he then asked if it was our house's birthday.  I said "yeah, kind of." He said "We need to get our house a present."  Great idea!!!!  Here are some options: 


clockwise from top middle, Urban Outfitters, Jonathan Adler, Crate and Barrel, Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment