Friday, April 29, 2011

Find Your Inspiration





(light fixture and pillows West Elm, boxes, buckets & rug Ikea and arrow wall art Urban Outfitters)

Above is a little collection of accessories inspired by the children's book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  It's just a little reminder to you that you can find inspiration anywhere.  Books are great inspiration when decorating kids bedrooms.  Not only will you find beautiful color combinations, but I often tear out the pages and frame them as inexpensive artwork.  When I was decorating Jake's room in a sports theme I found a book on clearance for ten dollars.  Amazing pictures,  really bright and bold colors and wonderful camera angles.  I picked out six pictures, representing different sports, and framed them in inexpensive frames that I picked up.  I was able to come up with six framed prints for $40, that's just under $7 a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment