Saturday, March 5, 2011

What this blog is for


picture by Gabrielle Kai for sale through Etsy

I'd like to take a minute to reiterate what this blog is for.  Welcome to all the recent followers, hope your finding it easy to pull up old posts and navigate the site.  It's not too complicated, hopefully my blogging class will help me bring some new options to the site.  This site was created to help people understand that living with beautiful surroundings does not have to be expensive.  First we need to appreciate the beauty of everyday things, even the trail of destruction the kids leave as they plow though the house.  Remember one day that mess won't be there and we'll all miss it. 

It is important that your house provides function, solitude and comfort for everyone who lives it in.  Your home is your refuge and safe place, you should never want to leave.  For all of you that thought you may be moving in the near future but have decided to stay due to economic times, your current house can still function for you if you think outside the box.  I'm a great believer in bargain shopping, if it's not on sale don't buy it and I'm a big believer in recycling through furniture.  I love to look at the potential of something and bring it back to life with a new coat of paint or a new seat cushion.

I feel that I've been going in a direction that I had not intended.  This site isn't only to show you beautifully decorated rooms.   I've been showing those to inspire you to refresh your home in some area, maybe the window treatments or a new lamp or rug.  What I really want to show you is how to bring your decorating "up a notch" without breaking the bank and how to find beauty in everyday things such as the food post yesterday.  I hope you enjoy some of the upcoming posts and again, if it's not everyday please bear with me while I'm taking this class.   Thanks for following!



No comments:

Post a Comment