Monday, March 7, 2011

Lucky Duck



We're not Irish so I never really did much for St. Patrick's Day.  My son handed me my you know what last year when he was the only one at school without green on.  I knew this year I was going to have to come to the plate.

I don't know about you, but I am always trying to think of engaging ways to teach my children about gratitude.  Something that's fun!  I'm tired of the lecturing and the nagging.  I decided to play up the "lucky" theme to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I put out a bowl of "Lucky Ducks" floating in water as a centerpiece on our island.  When the kids stick their hands in because they can't resist, I tell them they can play and splash as long as they like but we must talk about everything we're lucky for while they're playing!  It's a fun, gentle reminder and so far they are liking it!

PS:  They will be wearing green shirts this year.  Look for the post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment