Monday, November 14, 2011

Mixing It Up In The Kitchen

house to home uk, House Beautiful

I know I've said it before, but the kitchen is truly the heart of the home.  I want my kids to grow up with memories of great meals, great smells, a lot of laughs and maybe some cooking (I try).  The kitchen is where we spend all of our time, we have meals, snacks, sit and chat, crafts, homework - my kids' life happens in the kitchen, it has to be special.  I'm going to start a new weekly or bi-weekly column, depending on the response, called "Mixing It Up In The Kitchen".  We'll talk about decorating, recipes  gadgets, everything kitchen related.  With Thanksgiving approaching, I'm going to kick it off with the easiest, yummiest cranberry recipe you'll wonder why you ever ate cranberries from a can.  This recipe is soooo tasty you won't even want to reserve it for Thanksgiving.  I'm making it tonight with a pot roast.  I wish I could source this recipe but the name of the magazine is missing!

Cranberry Sauce with Clementines and Walnuts

2 clementines
2 packages  (12 oz each) of fresh cranberries (such as Ocean Spray in the bag)
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of walnut pieces - I left this out
(I cut my this recipe in half to feed just my family)

Cut clementines in half, then slice as thinly as possible with the skin on; discard the seeds.  Place in a pot with the cranberries, sugar and 3/4 cup of water over high heat.  When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.  Stir in the walnuts and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment