Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I've Been Working On.....


A New Bathroom!






The guest bathroom was the last on my list of priorities when we moved into this house.  I let it go in it's pitiful state for way too long because I thought whatever I did would end up costing a lot of money.  I wanted to  wallpaper and I wanted a specific white wallpaper with silver stars.  I was quite obsessed!  After spending a lot of time looking and not finding the right paper I decided that I wasn't going to spend the money to wallpaper if it wasn't exactly what I wanted.  I decided to paint the stars on myself.  I did find a few stencils but felt they were a little annoying to work with so I gave up and did it free hand.  Each star looks different and I like the character.  After measuring the distance and drawing in each star I went back and painted them all in with gray paint.  Originally I tried to paint it in with silver paint markers and silver paint but it was too transparent and you could see the lines of my drawing through it so I had to resort to gray paint, which I think turned out great.  Steve's cousin Julie picked up the oars for me on the side of a road for $5 and I enhanced them a little with yellow paint and silver stars.  We added the rope to hide the mistakes we made while hanging them.  I made the shower curtain with clearance fabric the I picked up for a few dollars.  The Stargazing print is from Katy Daisy available through Etsy and I framed it with a dollar store frame.  I think one of the things that makes a huge difference is the mirror.  We took it off the wall, had a carpenter frame it and then I painted it that happy yellow color.  Still on the list is a new counter top which will happen sometime in the future.  I love how it turned out and the best part is that I did it for under $100 total! 



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see someone else obsesses over details like me! The guest bathroom turned out fabulous! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete